15 December 2018
Three Cheers – It’s Christmas!
Here are our top tips for being merry in moderation:
- Stick to a limit of no more than 4 standard drinks on a single occasion to lessen your hangover and risk of alcohol or foot-in-mouth-related injuries.
- Bottoms up! Drink till it’s empty, as topping drinks up makes it easy to lose count of how many you have had.
- Alternate. Drink a glass of water or a non-alcoholic drink for every alcoholic beverage – add some garnishes and you might not notice the difference.
- Feel free to say no. You know your
- limits, make sure you stick to them so you enjoy every event of the season – play the long game!
- Is it one or two? Some beverages will contain more than one standard drink, so try to take this into account.
- Eat first! It’s Christmas after all, there’s no excuse to drink on an empty stomach but try avoid those salty snacks which will make you drink more.
- Never drink and drive. Don’t ruin another person’s Christmas by driving drunk – grab an Uber or the spare room.
Eat, drink and be merry – just make sure you stay in control and can keep yourself and everyone around you safe this Christmas!